|Spicy cheese biscotti|
1. Heat oven to 350 [degrees] F. Lightly grease a large cookie sheet.
2. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt, cumin and red pepper in large bowl. Stir in jalapeno and cheese.
3. Combine butter, water and egg in small bowl. Stir into dry ingredients until mixture forms a ball. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll into a 13x2-inch log. Transfer to cookie sheet; flatten slightly.
4. Bake 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 [degrees] F.
5. Cut the log on an angle with a serrated knife into twenty-four 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lay slices flat on cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes; turn and bake 15 minutes more, until crisp. Cool. (Can be made ahead. Cover and freeze up to 2 weeks. Thaw at room temperature 3 hours before serving.)
Makes 24 biscotti. Per biscotti: 75 calories, 3 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 17 g cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrates, 2 g protein
From: Ladies Home Journal
[ FRESH & DRIED CHILES ]  [ CHILE SEEDS ]  [ RESTAURANT REVIEWS ]
Copyright 1996 - 2003
10153 1/2 Riverside Dr. #459
Toluca Lake, California USA
323 * 578-5603