1. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet, chop, and drain fat from skillet.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms. Reserve and finely chop 2/3 of stems. Discard remaining stems.
3. Cook mushroom caps in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain on paper towel.
4. Heat butter and add mushroom stems, onion, and garlic. Cook five minutes. Add peppers and cook three minutes longer.
Cool and then stir in bacon, cheese and parsley.
5. Spoon into caps. Bake on baking sheet at 350o for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
From: Hot and Spicy Cuisine
Posted By: Judy Howle
Flavors of the South, Recipes for "heat lovers"
Post Date: 1/3/97
*BACK TO APPETIZERS*