1. In large deep saucepan heat olive oil, and saute garlic, onion, celery, carrots and chili powder, until onion
2. Add chiles and mushrooms and saute 5 min. more.
3. Stir in beans, bean stock and cilantro. Season to taste.
4. Cover and simmer over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve over rice.
DIRECTIONS FOR BASIC BEANS:
1. Prepare beans for cooking as described in How to Cook Beans. (see next post)
2. Cook covered, with onion and lemon juice, until tender. Do not stir during cooking.
3. Add salt to taste
4. Set aside until next day. They should be somewhat soupy.
From: Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal Golden Edition Cookbook
*BACK TO BEANS*