1. Butter a sheet of foil, about 12 by 17 inches.
2. In a nonstick 5 to 6 quart pan over medium heat, frequently stir 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup,
cayenne, and salt until melted and smooth, about 5 min.
3. Add the nuts and seeds. Turn heat to high and stir until mixture is very thick and nuts begin to brown, 4 to 6 min.
4. Immediately pour mixture onto buttered foil, spreading as thinly as possible with back of a spoon. Cool
until mixture is is lukewarm, about 15 min.
5. With your hands, release brittle from foil, then pull or break it into bite-size pieces. When cool,
immediately store in an airtight container (sugar absorbs moisture and will become sticky).
*Note: You can use Salted butter and omit the salt.
From: Sunset Magazine December 97 P.82
*BACK TO CANDY*
HOME ]   [
RECIPES ]  [
PHOTOS ]  [
PRODUCTS ]  [
HOT BOOKS ]  [
HOT SAUCE ]
[ FRESH & DRIED CHILES ]
[ CHILE SEEDS ]
[ RESTAURANT REVIEWS ]
Copyright 1997 - 2001
10153 1/2 Riverside Dr. #459
Toluca Lake, California 91602
323 * 578-5603