Makes 1 pint
Use sweet peppers in this recipe because they won't taste bitter when
cooked. pack only in 1/2 pint or pint jars. You'll need all the basic
1. Select perfect, well colored sweet peppers.
2. Organize and prepare equipment and work area.
3. Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers.
4. In a large saucepan or pot, heat several inches of water to
boiling. Add peppers and boil 3 minutes. Drain.
5. Pack drained, hot peppers into hot jars to within 1 inch of tops.
Add 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt to each pint. Add
boiling water to within 1 inch of tops of jars.
6. Run a slim, non metal tool down along the inside of each jar to
release air bubbles. Add more boiling water to within 1 inch of tops.
7. Wipe tops and threads of jars with damp cloth.
8. Put on lids and screw bands as manufacturer directs.
9. Process at 10 pounds pressure, 35 minutes for 1/2 pints and pints.
Follow the manufacturer's direction for your canner.
10. Follow basic steps for steam pressure canning
From: Jim.Weller@salata.com (Jim Weller)
Posted By: Jim Weller;
Post Date: 14 Jul 01 13:01:42