|Chicken Vindalager and Lime|
IngredientsFor the marinade For the curry sauce
1) Open a can of lager and keep it handy to drink while you are cooking.
2) Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and stir well so that the marinade coats the chicken. Leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
3) Heat the oil in a large heavy pan then add the chopped onion and stir for a few minutes with the heat on high. 4) Add the garlic and stir round then cook the onions and garlic for 15 minutes on a low heat stirring now and again to make sure nothing browns or burns.
5) Open the second can of lager and give the third to a friend.
6) Raise the heat to very high and add the chicken and any marinade left in the bowl. Fry for 5 minutes stirring all the time - you need to fry the chicken and especially the spices so they do not taste raw.
7) Add the tomato puree, sugar and just enough boiling water to make a runny sauce. If you are feeling frivolous you can add some lager instead of water to the curry but the lager does a better job inside the cook than it does in the curry !!
8) Simmer on a gentle heat for 20 minutes. Add a little more boiling water if the curry starts to catch on the pan.
9) The sauce should now be thick and begin to coat the chicken pieces. Add more salt to taste.
10) Serve with rice or Indian bread. Finish off any remaining lager. Open another 4-pack.
[ FRESH & DRIED CHILES ]  [ CHILE SEEDS ]  [ RESTAURANT REVIEWS ]
Copyright 1997 - 2001
10153 1/2 Riverside Dr. #459
Toluca Lake, California 91602
323 * 578-5603