1. Combine crushed chile's, lemon juice, onions and salt.
2. Dump mixture on the chicken and marinate, covered, in the fridge, over night.
3. Pre-heat the oven to ~400.
4. Roast yams, put them in the oven about 70 min before your ready to eat.
5. After the yams have cooked for about 20 min, take chicken out of the marinade, removing as much marinade as possible.
RESERVE THE MARINADE. Put marinade in a small pot and bring to a boil on the stove top, reduce heat and allow it to simmer.
6. Grill the chicken (far from the burner) for about 10 minutes per side (for large pieces).
7. Place the grilled chicken pieces in a casserole, dump the cooked marinade over them, and place them in the oven. Bake for another 20 min.
Try to do this about 20 mins before the yams are done.
8. Serve the chicken pieces with a healthy amount of the marinade, and any pan juices drizzled over the top.
From: West Africa ( Senegal I think).
Posted By:Ralph feldman
Post Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998
*BACK TO CHICKEN*