1. In a non-stick skillet, cook the ground turkey over medium heat until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
2. In a Dutch oven or small stockpot, saute onions, garlic, and pumpkin in olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Add cooked turkey and remaining ingredients, bring to a seasonings to suit your taste. Serves 6.
2. To roast pumpkin pieces, first cut pumpkin in half. Scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp. Place the halves skin side up and shave off the skin. Use a sharp chef's knife and always cut away from you. Cut the peeled pumpkin into slices, then into 1/2-inch cubes (see note 1). Place on a well-oiled cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour or until tender, tossing occasionally.
3. If you can find them, white ("ghost") pumpkins are excellent in this recipe.
Origin: San Jose Mercury-News, Oct. 23, 1996, p. 4F
[ FRESH & DRIED CHILES ]  [ CHILE SEEDS ]  [ RESTAURANT REVIEWS ]
Copyright 1997 - 2001
10153 1/2 Riverside Dr. #459
Toluca Lake, California 91602
323 * 578-5603