Enchiladas Verdes de Jocoque |
(Green Chile, Sour Cream Enchiladas)
1. Combine 1 cup of broth with the flour in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the remaining broth and cook on medium heat until thickened.
2. Stir the chicken, chile, and garlic salt into broth and set aside.
3. Heat 1/2 inch of shortening in a heavy pan at medium-high heat.
4. Quickly dip each tortilla into the shortening to soften. Drain on absorbent towels.
5. Combine 1 cup cheese, onion, and sour cream in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
6. Assemble the enchiladas by placing 1/4 cup of sauce on each dinner plate, followed by a tortilla, 1/4 cup of sauce, and 1/3 cup of sour cream mixture. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
7. Place in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese melts.
[ FRESH & DRIED CHILES ]  [ CHILE SEEDS ]  [ RESTAURANT REVIEWS ]
Copyright 1996 - 2004
10153 1/2 Riverside Dr. #459
Toluca Lake, California 91602