Freshly baked donuts are a staple dessert choice that you can make right at home. The rich dough, paired with a gooey topping makes for a delicious treat on any occasion. Sometimes it can get tricky (and messy) to shape the thick, sticky dough into a perfect circle.
Luckily, there’s an easy solution. A donut cutter is a handy kitchen gadget that makes it easy to cook homemade donuts that have a bakery-quality look and crave-worthy taste. This tool can be useful when whipping up a large batch of donuts, while making the recipe less stressful and more convenient.
There are many high quality donut cutters on the market that will make the process of shaping and forming the dough simpler and easy to handle. The overall durability and quality of the cutter is something to look out for when deciding which is the best option for your baking needs.
Most products are also fairly versatile, in which they can be used for other baked goods, such as scones, biscuits, and cookies. Overall, donut cutters come in a variety of shapes, sizes, with varying quality levels, making the choice for the perfect donut cutter a difficult one.
In this article, we have heavily researched and reviewed the best donut cutters on the market today, looking at their main features, advantages, and disadvantages, ultimately helping you find the best option.
K&S Artisan Heavy Duty Biscuit Cutter. For a high-quality product, the K & S Artisan Heavy Duty Biscuit Cutter is a fantastic choice. It is made from heavy-duty materials that will not damage or wrap overtime. It’s an excellent investment for long-term use. The variety of sizes will provide a cutting tool selection for endless food-creating options.
Homy Feel Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter. The best bang for your buck is the Homy Feel Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter. It’s a versatile product that will work for any of your baking and cooking needs. Made with quality materials at an affordable price, this 12-piece set is great if you’re on a budget. It’s a reliable product sold at a reasonable price.
Quick Comparison: Top 10 Best Donut Cutters
1. K&S Artisan Heavy Duty Biscuit Cutter
The K&S Artisan Biscuit Cutter is designed for heavy-duty use on tough, thick dough that may be otherwise difficult to shape by hand. We love this set because it comes with 11 graduated cutters in varying sizes, from 1 inch to 3.5 inches, ensuring you get an assortment of options that can be used for different baking projects.
This collection of cutting tools provides limitless opportunities for what you can create. Each cutter is also clearly marked with their corresponding size, making it simple and easy to determine which to use.
The blade itself is made with a plain, crisp edge on the bottom, making it the ideal tool for cutting anything from donuts to biscuits to scones and more. It is sharp enough to cut through some of the hardest, stickiest dough, while keeping your fingers safe with the tool’s smooth, polished sides.
It has thin blade-like edges that enable users to cut efficiently and safely. There are no sharp or dangerous seams that can lead to an accident in the kitchen. Overall, it’s a very versatile, dependable, enduring, and easy to use product.
2. Homy Feel Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter
The Homy Feel Round Cutter is an extremely versatile product that can be used for pastry items, like cookies, crumpets, donuts and other baked goods, as well as more savory foods like ravioli, empanadas, and more.
You can make it a part of any cooking regiment, from baking and cooking to frying eggs and making pancakes. It comes in 12-piece set of rounded shapes, with a variety of sizes included, ranging between 1 inch to 4.4 inch cutters. This bundled-product helps customize your baking experience.The blade is sharp enough to slice through any dough, while maintaining a precise, rounded shape. As far as safety concerns, each cutter has rolled top edges that to help protect fingers and hands during the cooking process.
Additionally, it has a plain, clean edge on the bottom, with no dangerous seams. This will help cut accurately and with ease, while doing so in a safe manner. The Homy Feel Cutters can be easily stored, as each circular cutter compacts into one another and is neatly placed into a sturdy storage bin that comes with the order.
3. Norpro Donut/Cookie Cutter
This next product is one of the most functional options on the market. Not only can it easily cut classic homemade donuts, but the unique and creative features on the NorPro Donut/Cookie Cutter, allows the tool to do much more than that.
There is a center piece that can either be attached or removed, depending on what you’re making. This two-in-one tool is designed to make flawlessly circular donuts and mini bagels when the center piece is attached.
However, it can be easily converted for baking cookies, biscuits, and other items when removed. Not only is this practical for baking, but it also helps with cleaning. Being able to remove the center item allows for a sponge or dishwasher to get better angles when cleaning the product of any residue.The blade is made of durable, heavy duty materials, allowing for a smooth, easy cut into the dough. It also has a smooth handle on top to help make cutting more comfortable and simple. This allows the dough to slice effortlessly, without having to apply added pressure on the mechanism.
4. Harold Import Company Ateco Doughnut Cutter
Ateco, an August Thomsen brand, has been around for over 100 years, bringing innovation and quality to cooking products. The brand is known for creating baking tools of superior craftsmanship and design on an international scale.
The products are actually built for professional bakers, bringing an up-scale option to those who want to make bakery-quality donuts at home. This is the ideal product for making miniature donuts.
It has a circle cutter that quickly and efficiently creates 3 1/2’’ round cut outs of perfectly uniform dough. It will automatically punch a hole through the center, producing the classic donut shape. The center hole is supported by four stabilizers to ensure a consistent cut every time.
This cutter from Ateco is durable and sturdy, making sure it’ll last through many batches of delicious donuts. Simply slice the tool through the dough and twist for the perfect-shaped donut. The rounded top edge makes this cutter safe and comfortable to use.
5. Ultra Cuisine Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter
This set works great for donuts and other pastries like cookies, biscuits, scones, sandwiches, canapes, crumpets, mini cakes, pies, and more. The tool is able to make a perfect circle and it comes in multiple sizes, ranging from 1 inch to 3.5 inches.
There are 11 round cookie cutters within the set. They even have small enough options to make donut holes, in addition to full-sized donuts. The circular rings do not have to solely be used for baking and cooking, you can place the circles on your plate and fill it with rice, vegetables, or potatoes to form an elegant timbale of food. Overall, the product is very versatile.
Additionally, the set comes with stencils for decorating purposes on pastries or even coffee. The package comes with a tin and each cutter is able to fit within one another, making storage easy and compact. The blades are heavy duty, made from professional-level materials. Each cutter should be able to cut through with no issues, regardless of how tough or thick the dough is.
The molds have fully welded seams, which make for smooth and polished sides, a plain crisp edge on the bottom, and a rolled top to help ensure safety. The sealed rolled steel will also prevent water and debris from getting stuck inside the mechanism.
6. Norpro Stainless Steel Donut/Biscuit/Cookie Cutter
Norpro is known for creating high-quality kitchen tools, which is why it should come as no surprise that they have multiple donut cutters on the market. The difference lies in the material used; the previous one was made of aluminum, while this model is made from a full stainless steel construction. In terms of durability, this Donut/Biscuit/Cookie cutter does not disappoint.
It has a good weight to it, 0.15 pounds, and is made of quality material, making this pastry tool especially sturdy and easy to use. Because of this, the blade should remain sharp for a long period of time.
This model comes with the same removable center piece, as the one previously discussed. This helps to personalize the pastry shape based on what you’re making. Additionally, this product comes with a handle that has been rounded, which makes it extra safe.
Because your hand is wrapped around the large handle, it will therefore be nowhere near the blade. You may find the stainless steel handle a little slippery, while other models have a rubbery grip that may easier to maintain a sturdy hold of.
7. Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Donut Cutter
The donut cutter from Mrs. Anderson’s is perfect for making round, homemade donuts, cookies, mini cakes, torte cake, and more. The rounded edge easily forms around the dough, making for a quality, professional look.
It even has a double-ring design that is meant to cut the outer edge and donut hole in a single action. Simply roll out the dough evenly on a lightly floured surface, hold the donut cutter by the handle, press the blade firmly into the dough, and give it a twist to cut all the way through.There is no mention of a fully welded flush seam with this product, meaning it could result in bumpy dough or uneven circles when cutting. Additionally, there are no safe rolled or sealed tops. Be extra careful that your fingers are at a safe distance from the blade when cutting through the dough.
8. Consio Stainless Steel Round Cookie Cutter
Perfectly rounded donuts and cookies are not only brag-worthy, but a true culinary treasure. The Consio Round Cutters have sharp rims that slice dough flawlessly every time. The set comes with 5 different sizes, making it both functional and practical.
They can slice donuts, cookie dough, fondant, soft fruits, breads, sandwiches, cheese, or even craft clay. The edges of each round cutter include a rolled top to protect fingers, while also preventing water and debris from getting stuck inside.
Overall, the high quality material allows for a seamless cut and an easy slice into the dough, without leaving any remaining residue.
9. Alimat PluS Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter
The Almat Cookie Cutters set comes with 12 rounded, color-coded rings. The color on the cutter matches the measuring guide on the storage lid. This will allow you to easily and quickly pick exactly which sized lid you want to use for a specific pastry.
It also helps with organization. The color-coded rings fit neatly together and come in a handy storage tin, helping alleviate any storage concerns in your kitchen. After cleaning, it is recommended to wait until the rings are completely dry before placing back in the tin.
Designed with rolled top edges and smooth welded seams, the Almat rings are easy to use and clean, while also preventing your fingers from getting hurt while pressing into the dough. The thin blade creates a nice, clean cut that lifts away easily without any sticking or leftover dough.
The product is multi-functional and can be used the cut pastries, as well as bread, cheese, soft fruit, and vegetables into round shapes. You can also use the ring mold to shape food into a circular shapes. This is often used for eggs and patties, making for breathtaking plate presentation.
Finally, you can use the rings to cut perfectly rounded donuts and donut holes. Simply use a larger cutter for the actual donut and one of the smaller options to cut the middle circle for a donut hole.
10. YamaziHD DIY Doughnut Cutter
The brand YamaziHD pride themselves on providing fresh, new ideas for kitchen items. Their tools are built to be both beautiful and functional, combing simplistic designs with unique features for ultimate convivence. They create a multitude of kitchen essentials, from storage containers to cutting board stands to sponge holders to pastry cutters.
The cutter from YamaziHD differs from other brands in that it uses a mold-like stamp that punctures through the dough. It can function as a stamper for multiple types of food, like bread, cookies, pastries, and more. It can also easily cut traditional donuts in a matter of seconds. The stamp is reusable and should be cleaned gently with water and soap.
Things to Consider when Buying a Donut Cutter
It’s important to consider what materials the donut cutter is made with. You want something sturdy and heavy-duty that is not going to change shape once pressure is applied. The most popular materials a donut cutter is made from is either plastic or metal. Both are reliable and will maintain its shape long-term.
Metal donut cutters could be made from aluminum, stainless steel, tin or even copper. Aluminum cutters are thin and resistant to rust. They are able to cut through dough without making a mess and leaving dough on the blade. However, if not properly cared for, the material could bend. Most cutters are made from stainless steel.
That’s because they do not rust, bend, or loss their shape overtime. They can be washed in a dishwasher and left there for hours. Ultimately, stainless steel is a good purchase in terms of longevity. Tin donut cutters do not come with raving reviews. They easily rust when left wet and bend when not handled properly. Finally, copper cutters is fairly expensive. They also tarnish overtime if not cleaned correctly and often.
A plastic cutter is inexpensive and could last many years. They are easy to keep clean and store. However, they sometimes are less sharp compared to the metal options. This does make them a good option around children.
Most cutters come in a standard size, however some may come in bulk with many size options. In terms of versatility, having a plethora of sizes will allow the cutter to be used in numerous situations with varying foods.
Still, if you’re only looking for one specific, standard size, that option is available too. This could determine which brand to go with. Some come with many options, while others have a one-size fits all product. It all depends on your preferences and how you want to use the item. Just be sure to the check the size or sizes and make sure it is what you want.
Type of Donut Cutter
You may think a donut hole is a donut hole. On the contrary, there are actually different types of cutters and holes to choose from. Some cutters are built specifically for donuts, while others can be used for other pastries, including cookies, biscuits, etc.
Some donut cutters do not have the donut hole space built-in and that part must be done manually. If this is the case, it’s important to double check the product comes in multiple sizes – one larger option for the actual donut and one smaller option for the donut hole. For these products, you are able to cut both donuts and donut holes.
Other products, have the donut holes built in. They typically come in one size and are specifically for donuts only. Others are made as a stamp with a handle that pushes into the dough.
Overall, there are a variety of options when it comes to the type of donut hole. No way is better than another, it all depends on your preference.
Being able to store the donut cutter in a clean, convenient way is a very important factor to consider. You may not want a product that creates clutter in the kitchen, but rather something that takes up minimal space and can be stored effectively.
Most products are able to be stored within one another and ultimately come with some sort of storage container. If the product comes with multiple sizes and there is no storage tin, that’s something to consider.
Cleaning methods may vary based on the type of donut cutter material. For the most part, cleaning a donut cutter is fairly simple. All you have to do is soak the cutter in water and then take a scrubber to remove any excess dough.
Once all the dough is removed, you can either place in the dishwasher, if the product is dishwasher-safe, or continue to wash by hand. Most stainless steel cutters are safe to go in the dishwasher.
Plastic cutters should be dried with a towel post-cleaning to remove any droplets. However, if the product rusts easily, it should be placed on a baking pan and heated up for a few minutes. Failing to remove water or humidity from the item can result in rusting.
Before purchasing anything, it’s important to check how the manufacturer suggests cleaning the product. That could ultimately determine which one you want to go with.
It’s important to get a good grip on the handle of the cutter you’re using. This will reduce any risk of an accident or slippage while you’re using it. The handle should be big enough so you can fully grasp it and soft enough so it does not hurt your hand or wrist when pressure is applied. An added bonus is texture, which will give you an even better grip on the mechanism.
The blade should be especially sharp and sturdy. This will ensure a nice, clean cut when applying pressure to the dough. Without a sharp edge, the cut may not fully go through and therefore result in an unwanted shape.
For a seamless round donut shape, having a good blade is essential. You can base this off of the materials used. For example, stainless steel is a very sharp material that will cut through most foods easily. The materials used will also determine durability. A product that lasts is a very important factor. When the blade becomes warped or begins to bend after a few uses, the quality is not there.
How to Use a Donut Cutter
There are many different kinds of donut cutters on the market today. We hope this article helps you find the best donut cutter for your needs. Depending on which one you choose and the design it has, the steps of usage may vary slightly. Overall, they function quite similarly. Here’s a quick recap on how to use and make homemade donuts with a donut cutter.
The first step is to chill the dough. When rolling and cutting, chilled dough is the easiest to handle. You can place a bowl of dough in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes. Next, place the dough on a flat, clean surface and use a rolling pin that allows for the thickness your recipe requires.
Finally, it’s time for the donut cutter to take center stage. Take your cutter and hold the handle to protect your fingers. Press down on the dough, apply pressure, and twist. This will create a clean cut. Once all the shapes are cut, you can take the dough scraps and repurpose them for something else.
Check this also:
- ★ Donut Cutter Mold - Cutting to a rounded, propagated yeast donut, and donut cutter comes with a hole in the middle.
- ★ Wide Application - Rotary cutters are used in food stores, donut shops, supermarkets, kitchens, schools, institutions, etc..
- ★ Premium Material - The donut cutter is made of cast aluminum and is attached to a steel shaft with a hardwood handle.
- ★ Easy to Use - Our donut making mold is simple and easy to use for time saving.
- ★ Long Lasting Effect - Use the donut cutter mold correctly to ensure long-term use.
- Package include 6 different sizes of round and wave stainless steel cookie cutters,diameter are 3.9inch, 3.1inch, 2.7inch, 2.2inch, 1.7inch, 1.1inch, and all are 1.6 inches high.
- The plastic hand guard is safe and comfortable to hold. The hand guard can be removed, easy to clean.
- Smooth incision, easier to demould.
- Food grade high quality stainless steel, good for cutting cookie dough, fondant, soft fruits, bread, sandwiches, cheese, or craft clay.
- With 6 sizes make this set cookie cutters more Convenient and practical, you can make different size round cookies easier.
- Material: Made of food grade plastic, abrasion resistant,Vent hole design, remove air from the dough, easy to demould
- How to use: The round donut mold cuts traditional doughnuts easily. Non-stick and reusable.
- Donut Moulds: When you are free, you can make cakes and daily doughnuts. This doughnut mold can help you save lots of time and help you make cakes better. Simple operation and convenient cleaning. You can work with children DIY.
- You can make dough nuts with your kids and make nice desserts for your family. Applicable to schools, kindergartens, families, Christmas, Easter and other festivals.
- Donut Cutter Mold Style: You can get 3 Pcs donut mould maker（Heart, Round, Flower shape）, help you make different shapes of cakes and donuts, add to the joy of your life.
- Stainless Steel Baking Set: You can get 2 sets (one 3.5" donut cutter and one Sugar flour duster ) just with one purchase. They cooperate with each other to meet your baking needs of the family perfectly.
- Durable & Safe Material: Both made of high-quanlity stainless steel, sturdy and durable, donut cutter could cut through hard or sticky dough with ease. With excellent anti-rust properties, easy to clean and help you easily make healthy pastries.
- One-handed Creative Design - Designed with Spring-Operated, the sugar shaker duster support One-Handed operation, easy to load sugar flour and offer good control to where the flour goes.
- Friendly Soft Handles: The donut cutter with non-slip rubber grip handle (safer than plastic)more fits for women with less strength. Save your effort so you can do more baking without having to worry about hand and wrist fatigue.
- Wonderful Kitchen Gift Set: This pastry cutter set are must-have tools for pro bakers and novice. Perfect for creating beautiful cookies, precise fondant circles, perfect donuts, round sandwich, flaky biscuits, delicious crumpets, mini cakes, tarts and so on.
- 【5 Sizes and Fork】The cutters are 3.54", 3.05", 2.56", 2.06",1.57", they can nicely meet your different needs. The biscuit is also creatively designed with a detachable fork for you to enjoy delicious food.
- 【Good Materials】Our cutters are made of high materials, easy to clean. It’s sturdy to last for a long time use. Perfectly suitable for family, kitchen.
- 【Versatile Functions】You can use them to make lots of food.
- 【Safe To Use】The cutter is made with plain edges, it has no sharp dangerous seams.
- 【Compact To Use】The cutter is easy to stack together and nest inside each other. With these cutters, you can make whatever size you need and you don’t have to worry about storing all the pieces taking up space.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS: 12 Pieces round cookie cutters are made of 304 (18/8) stainless steel.The Round Cookie Cutter Set is rust-resistant, high temperature resistant, strong and durable
- DESIGN: Fully stainless steel rolled top edges of the round donut cutter set makes it easy to grip without hurting your hands. The sharp bottom allows you to cut various shapes easily, and not stick to the circle cutters. Easy to clean. The Round Shapes Biscuit Cutter Set giving you a safe and comfortable experience
- VARIETY OF USES: Cookie cutter round set is widely used in dough, doughnuts,cookies, fondant, cakes, pastries, vegetables, English muffins, empanadas, ravioli pasta, sugar paste, DIY biscuits, marzipan, rubber mud else. Use the circle cookie cutters for baking, cooking, frying eggs, making pancakes, soft fruits, bread, sandwiches, cheese, chocolate, egg or craft clay
- VARIETY OF OCCASIONS:Different sizes of cookie cutters set round can complete multiple shapes of your imagine, which can use at home, Birthdays Party, Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, Anniversary Day, Fundraising and etc. The circle cookie cutter set is the best gift for you, your friend or your chirden
- DIFFERENT ROUND CUTTERS SIZES：The circle donut/biscuit/dough cutters set including 12 different sizes：4.5 in, 4.1 in, 3.9 in, 3.5 in, 3.2 in, 2.9 in, 2.6 in, 2.3 in, 1.9 in, 1.6 in, 1.2 in, 1.0 in (small round cookie cutters)
- Material:Made of Food Grade stainless steel,perfect for so many celebrations.(Hand wash,and dry immediately,not dishwasher safe.)
- Package Includes: 14 pcs round shapes cookie cutter,with a PVC plastic storage box.
- Size (Approx.): The circle-shaped cookie cutters come in different size,meet your different needs(0.86"/1.0"/1.14"/1.45"/1.50"/1.73"/1.97"/2.20"/2.52"/2.75"/3.03"/3.30"/3.62"/3.70")
- Cute and Practical Cookie Cutters: The round shapes children like,keeps kids engaged and interested at mealtime,Use for fruit,donuts,pie,cake,pancakes,biscuit,sandwiches.and can be use for various occasions,for example holiday,birthday,baby show,party,etc
- Good for picky eaters:Motivate picky eaters to eat their sandwiches,fruits & vegetables while maintaining a healthy food attitude. Cutout animals and shaped food are perfect for DIY food art!
- This Donut Cutter with comfortable round handle, Easily make delicious homemade donuts, mini bagels, cookies and more
- Super Value, Package includes 1×Donut cutters, 1×Dipping tongs, 1×Scraper, 5×Measuring spoon, 8 pieces in total, Professional Kitchen Dough Tools
- Made of 100% Food-grade PVC Plastic, Safe, Durable and Easy to Cleanup
- Size: 3-1/2 diameter, 1-1/2 inches center hole, double-ring design cuts the outer edge and the donut hole simultaneously
- Wide applications: Multiple use as pastry cutter, cookie cutter, fondant cutter, bread cutter, sandwich cutter and more, Also a good gift choice to your relatives and neighbor
- High Grade Material: Made of stainless steel and soft grip handle, no rust, easy to clean and dishwasher safe. High quality material making them strong so they keep their shape, long lasting and durable, cut through hard or sticky dough with ease.
- No-slip Soft Handle: Design with non-slip grip handle that is ergonomically designed to make your bake easier. Soft grip handle help you do more baking without worrying about hand and wrist fatigue. The thick rubber is much safer than plastic.
- Perfect Size: 3.5 inch round donut cutter and a separate 1.2 inch donut hole center, 4.72 inch height, the handle is high enough to avoid touching the food.
- Prevent Wastage: Come with addtional 1.2 inch biscuit cutter, when all of the larger doughnut have been cut, you can go through the leftover dough and cut as many donut holes as you can get out of the remaining biscuit.
- Wonderful Gift Set: This pastry cutter set are must-have tools for pro bakers and home makers. Perfect for creating beautiful cookies, precise fondant circles, donuts, flaky biscuits, crumpets, mini cakes, tarts and so on.