The difference between slicing a tomato and hard, thick-skinned fruit or vegetable is that the latter needs more attention.
This is because the thicker skins of these harder veggies prevent them from drying out during storage – but once you cut into it, all those water molecules flood out and cause spoilage if not handled properly!
But, in any case, when you consider the heavenly dinners, you can get ready with this tasty natural product (Caprese salad, tomato sandwiches, tomato pie!), grabbing the proper knife seems to be just normal. Yet, do you know what kind of knife is best for tomatoes?
Other summer produce might be cut with a fine culinary expert’s knife or paring knife. Unfortunately, their edges are seldom adequately sharp to slice through a fragile tomato. These edges will, in general, push down on the natural product, crushing it and pressing out the seeds.
Best Knife For Tomatoes
1. Fashioned Vegetable And Cheese Knife From Cangshan N1 Series
It’s troublesome not to perceive Cangshan’s vegetable knife. While some might discover the sharp edge’s bent shape unreasonable, others might prevail upon an edge with everyday style. This knife, then again, has an excellent quality of the material.
It has a serrated cutting edge, a forked tip, a Rockwell hardness of 58, and four pores in the sharp edge to keep the organic product from adhering to it. While the emptied-out handle might seem peculiar, it is ergonomic and comfortable to hold. It’s additionally excellent for slashing cheese.
2. Tomatoes Snipping Knife By Rada Cutlery
Are you uncertain if a tomato knife is necessary? The knife from Rada Cutlery will quickly convince you. It’s an essential tool with a double serrated sharp edge made of careful grade T420 high carbon treated steel that ensures a straight cut whether you’re left or right-handed.
Remember that, even though it has a scoured handle, you’ll need to wash it by hand since it’s not dishwasher safe.
3. Carefully Assembled Tomato Knife By Mercer Culinary Revolution
At the point when you’ve seen the light, you’ll need a durable tomato knife. Assuming you need to develop your current tomato-explicit slicer further, this one from Mercer Culinary is a great choice.
It incorporates a serrated cutting edge made of high-carbon, German stainless steel that easily cuts through tomato skin and meat. It additionally includes a triple-bolted, ergonomic handle for expanded control. Simply be sure you hand-wash it.
4. Knife Kai Sui Komachi Tomato And Parmesan
Is it safe to say that you are burnt out on the regular, worn-out hardened steel knives? The solution then is Kai’s tomato knife, which is ruby from handle to edges. In any case, this knife is significantly more than its eye-catching tone.
It has a forked tip and a high-carbon treated steel sharp edge for effectively isolating cuts from the rest of the tomato. Likewise, an FDA-supported non-stick gum covering shields the sharp edge from erosion and makes it simple to cut and wipe. Furthermore, as the name infers, it’s similarly powerful on cheese.
5. Tomato Knife By Victorinox
As an all-around option, the Victorinox Tomato knife beats its rivals. While its estimating is similar to other minimal expense producers, the Swiss craftsmanship is fantastic. The durable Fibrox handle is slip-safe and ergonomically designed to give solace and equilibrium.
The honed sharp edge is 4.25″ lengthy, a touch shorter than the others on this rundown (11cm). So it is, however, light in hand will engage people with more modest hands. Dealing with pounds of beefsteak tomato won’t land you in the ER.
6. Tomato Slicer Knife By Rada Cookware
For a valid justification, the Rada Cutlery Tomato Razor is a favorite choice. It’s a very much made, sharp knife reasonable for people on a limited financial plan. The edge is made out of careful grade, high carbon hardened steel and is 5″ long.
This substance makes it unquestionably sharp, so you will not need to make a fuss over re-honing it constantly. Moreover, the double serrated edge is helpful since it permits both left and right-handed clients to cut straight and neatly without fail.
The brushed metal handle looks extraordinary and feels incredible in your grasp. The impediment of this material is that it should be hand-washed. The Rada additionally comes prepared for additional genuine serenity.
This knife was made by an organization situated in the United States doing business starting around 1948. In the cutlery business, they have an excellent standing.
7. Global GS-9
Accuracy and quality are inseparable from the Global knife brand. It’s made in Japan by Yoshida Metal Industry, a firm making kitchen knives beginning around 1954, and has a brilliant standing. The Global GS-9 is built of ice-tempered solidified treated steel.
Thus, this knife gives exceptional productivity – a tool that will remain more honed and perform preferred for longer over most different sharp edges in this value range.
We like this knife in light of its alluring design, which contrasts with the standard tomato knife. The emptiness inside of a smooth-looking handle makes it shockingly light. The sharp serrated edge is short, estimating around 3″ long. Anything larger than a tomato will be challenging to chop.
If you love to cook and have a distinct fascination with the kitchen, you would realize that there is no kitchen device better than a knife. Furthermore, assuming we’re discussing knives, there could be no more excellent knife than one that can be utilized to cut tomatoes definitively and productively.
A few elements ought to be thought about while purchasing tomato knives. We should view them.
Material of the sharp edge
When looking at knives for tomatoes, focus on the material that the edge comprises. The cutting edges are generally carbon steel or tempered steel. Carbon steel cutting edges are lighter in weight than hardened steel ones, yet they should be cleaned cautiously and the following used since they will generally rust.
Then again, treated steel sharp edges don’t rust and are not difficult to clean and keep up with too.
The state of the cutting edge: ‘serrated’ or ‘smooth’?
Blades for tomatoes can either be serrated or smooth. Serrated knives have sharp saw-like teeth and, subsequently, the name. They are reasonable for tomatoes since they get handily sliced through the tomato skin without harming it.
Smooth edges, then again, don’t have sharp teeth, and subsequently, there’s zero chance of any sawing activity occurring when you’re utilizing them. The main disadvantage with this kind of knives
Will you utilize a serrated knife to cut a tomato?
While serrated cutting edges will, in general, cut tomatoes smoother than plain edge knives (except if they are unquestionably sharp), not all serrated knives can do as such. Steak knives and other standard kitchen knives are ordinarily too thick to consider cutting a paper-slight tomato cut. Cuts are likewise bound to be made utilizing long, ordinary kitchen knives.
Is it needed to utilize a tomato knife?
Yes, you could cut this with any old edge, however assuming you need to try not to squash the organic product’s tissue, a tomato knife is the best approach. Some have a forked tip that permits you to raise and move each cut after it’s been cut; notwithstanding, it’s not necessary. Most of them additionally function well as cheese knives.
Do you know what kind of knife is best for tomatoes? A tomato knife is a tool that will probably be utilized every day in the kitchen while preparing vegetables. It’s intended for perfectly cutting tomatoes, yet it has many different uses in the kitchen.
On almost any little organic product or vegetable, it tends to be utilized like a paring knife. For example, cheese, eggs, and surprisingly little bread rolls are easy to cut with this knife.
Check this also:
- Slice tomatoes perfectly with this 2-Pack Set of Tomato Knives.
- Unique design features a cutout of the word tomato across the extremely sharp stainless steel blade for easy identification.
- Each knife measures approximately 10" long including handle.
- Dishwasher safe.
- High-carbon stain-resistant Japanese steel blades cut fruit and other foods effortlessly. Two tines for picking up fruit and other garnishes.
- Textured polypropylene handle for sure grip
- Includes slide on guard for safe transport and storage
- NSF certified
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- Ultra-sharp Japanese stainless steel blade for the knife and peeler
- Silicone based nonstick coating ensures food will release easily from the knife blade
- Ergonomic peeler design works in right or left hand
- Fun tomato design and shape
- Dishwasher safe. Hand wash and air dry recommended
- Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials. Peak performance has never looked so good at this price.
- Incredibly razor sharp, full-tang, imported high-carbon German steel with a hand polished edge at 16-18 degrees. Precisely tempered and stain resistant.
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Luxury black G10 Garolite handle is triple-riveted with a grip that ensures comfort and maneuverability. Laminated and polished for a sanitary build, perfect for busy kitchens
- Engineered to perfection at 56+ Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Carefully tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance. Tall blade height provides useful knuckle clearance. National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certified.
- See why over seventy-five thousand professional chefs and home cooks love and trust the DALSTRONG DIFFERENCE. 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free, we know you'll love it!
- Unique open surface blade
- Lifetime sharp serrated edge
- Produces a perfect slice
- Great for fruits and vegetables
- Quality crafted stainless steel blade
- 🍅UNIQUE TOMATO KNIFE: Designed with sharp serrations, this 5-inch tomato knife can easily cut through various types of cheese, especially sliced tomatoes, it can also be used to cut other small fruits and vegetables. The narrow and slender blade ensures easy cutting.
- 🍅SERRATED FORK KNIFE: The serrated edge increases the sharpness and is more suitable for cutting any cheese and hard peels without damaging the delicate juice inside. Two-pronged tip that are slightly curved upwards can separate food or lift up slices.
- 🍅HOLLOW GERMAN STEEL: The cheese knife blade is carefully crafted from German stainless steel, reaching 56+ Rockwell hardness, which is more durable and anti-rust. The hollow blade is designed to minimize sectioning resistance.
- 🍅COMFORTABLE & SECURE: Pakkawood material is polished smoothly to provide a comfortable touch for your palm. The silver rivets enhance the stability of the handle and ensure that it can be used in a balanced manner.
- 🎁SURPRISE SERVICE: TUO provides high-quality customer service, including lifetime warranty. Each tomato knife will be equipped with an exquisite box, which not only can be used for yourself, but also as a unique gift choice for your family or friends.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- The Knife for Life guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately. Do not place in dishwasher.
- Hand crafted unique wood handle compliments the hollow copper rivets tastefully. These full tang knives are forged from fine grained, X50CrMoV15 German Steel for incredible durability, stain resistance and exceptional edge retention. 2016 Red Dot Award Winner. USPTO Patented Design.
- Each blade goes through an (ultra6) stage heat treatment ensuring every blade maintains it's strength and function.
- Well balanced 5" handle and 5" blade with HRC 58 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale. Sturdy slotted blade has a scalloped and serrated edge with prong tips.
- This tomato knife’s serrated blade effortlessly cuts through tough skins and rinds and features a two-pronged tip for lifting slices of food. Designed to slice easily through both soft and semi-firm cheese as well.
- NSF International Certified. Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects. Wash knives with warm water and a little detergent, rinse carefully and dry with a towel.
- Includes a matching plastic sheath for on-the-go and, also, for protection
- Stainless steel blade
- 100-Percent Messermeister quality
- Made in Portugal
- SLICE TOMATOES AND VEGGIES – You won’t find a better knife to effortlessly cut through tomatoes, vegetables and fruits. Thick or thin, you will always make the perfect cut using the tomato slicing knife.
- DUAL SERRATED STEEL BLADE – The blade is made from surgical grade, T420 high carbon stainless steel. The dual serrated blade on the tomato slicing knife allows cooks of all skill levels to make a clean, straight cut through tomatoes every time. Pack of 2.
- BRUSHED ALUMINUM HANDLE - The handle on the tomato slicing knife is made from permanently cast silver brushed aluminum with a satin finish. This kitchen knife should not be washed in the dishwasher. Handwashing is recommended.
- AMERICAN MADE KNIFE – Rada Mfg. Co. is located in Waverly, Iowa and has been manufacturing cutlery in the USA since 1948. Our mission is all about “providing our customers the best value of kitchen knives for their dollar.”
- HASSLE-FREE LIFETIME GUARANTEE – We stand by our craftsmanship. Rada Mfg. Co. will replace any product manufactured by our company returned to us due to defects in material or workmanship.