Acid Reflux disease is truly the most uncomfortable and painful feeling, but don’t worry about it. It can be controlled by following up on some healthy activities like better eating habits or exercise.
I am not here to bring you to the gymnasium, but to prevent Acid reflux disease through a single drink. Guess what? ALMOND MILK! You might be wondering “How to Use Almond Milk for Acid Reflux?”, let me answer you.
Almond milk is an extremely nutritious, healthy, low-calorie, and zero-lactose drink that has an alkaline composition. The basicity of this milk will neutralize the acid popped out in your chest, which eventually minimizes the pain.
It not only dilutes the stomach acids but also prevents them from rising towards the esophagus. I must say that Almond milk is a heavenly drink for people who’re suffering from Acid Reflux disease.
Soothe Acid Reflux Naturally Using Almond Milk
To get cured of any disease or problem, you’ve to understand what’s going on in your body first. Thus, I’ll explain to you what Acid Reflux is, its causes, symptoms, and then we will move on to our magical drink called “Almond Milk”. So let’s not waste more time and dig into the details:
Acid Reflux – Disease
In the human’s stomach, there is an opening valve through which the food passes. Once the food gets passed through it, this valve immediately closes so that the stomach would not flow out. This valve is basically a ring muscle which is also called LES or Lower Esophageal Sphincter.
But sometimes the LES doesn’t close properly or remain open for a period, which provides stomach acid a pathway to move out into the esophagus. When this acid moves outward, it causes a burning chest which is also called heartburn.
If you feel acid reflux or heartburn symptoms twice in seven days, it means you’re suffering from acid flux disease which is also known as GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Causes And Symptoms
The most common cause of acid reflux disease or GERD is hiatal hernia or stomach abnormality, which means that your stomach organ is not functioning fine. It occurs when the LES or stomach valve covers the diaphragm from above.
In normal conditions, the diaphragm keeps the acid produced by your stomach, within the organ. But if a person is suffering from a hiatal hernia then the stomach acid starts moving into the esophagus.
Besides, GERD is also caused by eating heavy meals, lack of exercise, obesity, or smoking. Acid reflux disease is also very common in people who eat close to bedtime or lay down on their back after eating.
Plus, there are certain food items that might cause GERD, for example, tomato, min, onions, citrus, garlic, chocolate, or different spicy meals. Over that, beverages like alcohol, carbonated drinks, excessive intake of tea or coffee also lead to this disease.
In some cases, people who more often take medicines like aspirin, muscle relaxers, BP medicines, ibuprofen, etc get Acid Reflux disease. In a few studies, it has been found that pregnant women are also likely to get GERD. That’s about the cause, but another round of discussion is about how do you know that you’re suffering from this reflux disease?
In order to answer that question, I’m listing the symptoms of Acid Reflux or GERD. The most common symptom is “heartburn” which I have mentioned above. Heartburn is basically discomfort or pain due to burning, which travels from your abdominal area towards your chest.
The second is “Regurgitation”, which is a condition when a person feels an acidic taste (bitter taste) in the throat or mouth area. Other symptoms of Acid Reflux disease include bloating, burping, hiccups, nausea, wheezing, or dysphagia. If not treated, the disease can lead to bloody stools or vomiting, or sore throat. Some patients also experience sudden weight loss.
Almond Milk Benefits
Almond milk is also called plant milk, which comes in a nutty almond flavor. It has a creamy texture, no lactose, no cholesterol, and low fat. It is the best substitute for people who’re lactose intolerant, vegans, etc. Commercially, almond milk is available in different flavors like vanilla, chocolate, sugary, unsweetened, etc. You can also make almond milk at home.
That’s not all! Almond milk is not ordinary flavored milk like your choco milk, but is highly nutritious and possesses multiple health benefits. It has minerals, vitamins, other nutrients, and antioxidants which are a source of healthy living. I’m listing a few benefits below:
Almond milk is a bank of magnesium. Magnesium is one of the most necessary and common minerals in the human body. It is required for hundreds of enzymatic reactions in our system, also controls the sugar level in the blood, and can be used as energy. So, drinking almond milk will surely fulfill the demand for magnesium in our body system.
Secondly, as I said before, it has no lactose, which means if you’re lactose intolerant or can’t consume the raw milk, then this is a lifesaver for you! It is not an animal-driven product and can be used in recipes that require animal milk, like your coffee.
Next, Almond milk has low carbohydrates meaning LOW CALORIES, as compared to animal milk. Research says that almond milk is proven as less likely to boost your sugar level. So, if you’re on a diet, then you should consume almond milk as it is rich in flavor, nutritious, and helps you in maintaining your weight.
Moreover, Almond Milk contains high calcium levels which are required for strengthening your bones. Drinking almond milk daily will lower the chance of getting osteoporosis or other bone disorders. Even if you’re already suffering from one, then almond milk will surely help your bones in fighting against fractures or osteoporosis.
Treating Acid Reflux with Almond Milk
You can simply drink Almond Milk to combat Acid reflux disease, or consume it in combination with other healthy and natural ingredients. Plus, Almond milk can be consumed with cereals, in your coffee, and more. It gives you more flavor and benefits. So I’m listing recipes of some smoothies below:
Strawberry x Almond Milk
Take a cup of almond milk, a cup of strawberries, a banana, and a cup of spinach. Mix all these ingredients in a juicer jug and blend them well to make a smooth mixture. Here you go, your healthy drink is ready. I suggest you have at least thrice a week.
Avocado x Almond Milk
Avocado is my favorite fruit, I can literally have it daily. Tale a cup of almond milk, half cup of peeled avocados, a banana, a tablespoon of honey and chia seeds, and half teaspoon of cinnamon and vanilla. Mix all the ingredients in a blender and make a smooth creamy mixture. Drink it three times a week to Prevent Acid Reflux.
Pineapple x Almond Milk
This is one of the yummiest smoothies you can ever have. Take a cup of almond milk, a cup of pineapple, a cup of apple juice, half cup of fresh strawberries, half cup Greek yogurt, and a teaspoon of turmeric. Mix them all and blend to make a smooth mixture. I suggest you take frozen pineapples for this smoothie. Drink this daily before your breakfast to prevent Acid reflux.
Is almond milk an acid neutralizer?
Yes. Almond milk has an alkaline composition. When it comes in contact with acids it neutralizes them. That’s why this milk is great for stomach acidity, acid reflux, etc.
Which food items cause Acid reflux?
Eating junk and heavy meals is the cause of acid reflux. Moreover, veggies like tomato, onions, garlic, and mint are more likely to cause acid reflux. If you’re feeling acidity, then also avoid acidic ingredients in your meals like citrus, vinegar, etc.
Is Almond milk good for health?
Yes. “Good” is a small word to describe the nutritiousness and healthiness of Almond Milk. It has minerals, vitamins, other nutrients, and antioxidants which are a source of healthy living.
Almond Milk is a 100% efficient and authentic remedy for Acid reflux. It neutralizes the acidity of your stomach and prevents burning inside your body. But, to avail of its benefits, make sure to use fresh, unsweetened, and organic almond milk. Please don’t over consume it in any of the above-given recipes, it might worsen your situation. I hope that you’ll get well soon!
Take a look at the list below:
- THE DELICIOUS TASTE OF SIMPLICITY: Our unsweetened almondmilk tastes great on its own, poured over cereal, or as a substitute for dairy milk in your favorite recipes
- GREAT FOR DAIRY-FREE LIFESTYLES: Plant-based beverage is dairy-, lactose-, soy-, gluten-, and carrageenan-free
- CERTIFIED VEGAN AND NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED: No artificial flavors or colors, hydrogenated oils, soy, added MSG, or trans fat
- INCLUDES NUTRIENTS such as calcium and vitamin D
- SHELF STABLE: Comes in aseptic packaging for convenient, non-refrigerated storage
- Organic Non-Dairy
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Beverage
- 6 Count X 32 Oz
- Contains 6 - 32-ounce boxes of Almond Breeze Dairy Free Almondmilk, unsweetened Vanilla
- Made with real California almonds
- Free from dairy, soy and lactose
- Excellent source of vitamins D & E, 50% more calcium than milk
- Non-gmo Project Verified
- This barista edition Pacific Foods almond alternative milk is perfect for lattes, smoothies, frothing, cooking, or even on its own
- This original barista blend is perfect for every coffee shop need; serves as a great alternative to dairy-based milk, and acts similarly to milk when heated for lattes
- This bulk pack of almond milk is perfect for those who like to stock up, or for shop owners who go through many cartons in a week
- This creamy and delicious, making it great for anything from cooking recipes to latte art; almond milk creates a smooth micro-foam that complements many flavors
- Vegan, Kosher (Parve), and free of cholesterol, soy, gluten, dairy, and wheat/yeast; each order includes 12 32-oz cartons of Pacific Foods Almond Milk Barista Series
- UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK: Each product in our unsweetened line of nut milks is made with just 2 ingredients: nuts & water. Get nutrition and flavor exclusively from the source - whether cashew, walnut, hazelnut, or almond.
- SIMPLER & BETTER: With up to 4x more nuts per serving & fewer, simpler ingredients, our dairy-free alternatives contain no fillers, added oils or gums. Non-GMO, Vegan & Kosher. Recyclable cartons.
- HYDRORELEASE METHOD: This zero waste process uses just water to separate the nutritional components of the nut, seed or grain. This means superior nutrition, flavor & creaminess with fewer ingredients.
- DELICIOUS VERSATILITY: Try Elmhurst non-dairy milks & creamers for a variety of uses beyond drinking & coffee. Enjoy the creaminess & nutrition in cereal, hot chocolate, cooking, smoothies, soups & baking.
- ELMHURST: From nut to grain, unsweetened to barista, our diverse collection of plant milks is unified by a commitment to simplicity. Explore all of the better possibilities Elmhurst has to give!
- Unsweetened Almondmilk: Made with real, Organic and non-GMO roasted almonds, our gluten-free Almondmilk has only 40 calories per serving with no added sugar (yep, that’s Keto & Whole30 friendly!)
- Non-Perishable: Shipped in a pack of 6, each 1L carton can be left in your pantry until its best by date; once open, place the carton in the fridge to maintain koala-ty freshness
- Dairy, Soy and Carrageenan-Free: More than just another almond milk, you can feel great with each sip knowing that Moola’s Unsweetened Almondmilk is a good source of Calcium and Vitamin E
- One Smart Swap: Use Unsweetened Almondmilk the same way you would use any dairy or almond milk – pour it over your favorite bowl of cereal, add it to your morning smoothies and protein shakes, or grab a glass to enjoy with your favorite nut butter and jam
- Simply Put, It’s Simple Goodness: Mooala uses real ingredients to make premium, USDA-Organic, dairy-free beverages and creamers for the whole family
- Made with the goodness of real Blue Diamond almonds
- Delicious by the glass, in smoothies, and in your favorite recipes
- 100 calories per serving
- Calcium enriched